Terms and Conditions of Use
Your use of the get-your-message-across.com website (“the website”), is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are a binding agreement between you and Sam Warner (“Sam Warner”). Sam Warner may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Your access to and use of this website constitute your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
By visiting the website, you acknowledge and agree that:
- 1.All content on the website is owned by Sam Warner and is intended for your personal use only. The content on this website, including all text, graphics, video, audio, software code or logos, is not intended for distribution and must not be altered, modified, reproduced, distributed or commercially exploited.
- 2.Sam Warner reserves the right to add, remove or amend content on the website without notice.
- 3.Whilst Sam Warner has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information on the website, the information and content on the website is subject to change without notice. We provide no representation or warranty that the content on the website is accurate, complete or up to date. Sam Warner will not be held liable for any errors in the content or material displayed on this website, for any actions you take in reliance on them or for any loss or damage that may arise directly or indirectly from the content.
- 4.Content on the website is for general information purposes only and is current at the time of first publication. You are responsible for determining the validity, quality and relevance of any information, material or service before acting or relying on it to ensure that it meets your particular requirements.
- 5.The website may feature third party advertising or content. Sam Warner does not control the content or accuracy of information on such websites. Sam Warner does not in any way represent that the advertiser and their products or services are endorsed or recommended by Sam Warner. Links are provided for your reference only and Sam Warner excludes all liability and responsibility for the content or operation of these third party websites.
- 6.To sign up to the newsletter service, you must provide your name and email address, and you may unsubscribe at any time by email to email@example.com .
- 7.If utilising a Sam Warner subscription service, user names and passwords shall be issued for personal use only.
- 8.All personal information you enter on this website is held within our Customer Relationship Management / Electronic Direct Marketing (“CRM/EDM”) system for the purposes of sending newsletters.
- 9.By registering your details with us you warrant that you are 18 or older and that you are registering yourself or are authorised to register on behalf of the person whose details you are entering. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the newsletter without notice, for any reason, if you have breached these Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Sale – hardcopy books
- a)Your purchase of any books in hardcopy form, from the website is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale. If you do not accept these Terms, you must refrain from making a purchase from this website.
- b)Books (“the product”) as described on the website is the intellectual property of Sam Warner and is protected by the applicable intellectual property laws. Sam Warner retains all intellectual property rights to the product.
- c)The product will be available for you to make an offer to Sam Warner via the website to purchase at the price specified on the website. Where Sam Warner accepts your offer, Sam Warner will sell the product to you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- d)You and Sam Warner may enter into a contract for the sale and supply of the product, by you:
a.placing an electronic order via the website;
b.confirming the order details in accordance with the procedure on the website;
c.making payment in full via the website;
d.Sam Warner receives in its account, full payment from you for the product; and
e.all payments must be made in full prior to delivery of the product.
e)To enter a contract for the sale of the product with Sam Warner you will be required to provide your name and postal address.
f)All prices are in GBP (Sterling) and include VAT where applicable and postage charges within UK. Prices are subject to change.
g)Sam Warner will endeavour to post your order to you within two (2) business days from the date you placed your order. Orders will be delivered by Royal Mail and are subject to Royal Mail estimated delivery times.
h)The website employs PayPal secure payment gateway to secure our payment systems. Sam Warner is not responsible for the operation of the PayPal system.
i)To the extent permitted by law, Sam Warner will not be responsible for any damages or consequential losses (direct or indirect) suffered by a user where a PayPal account is fraudulently used or is used in an unauthorised manner.
j)If the product ordered by you arrives damaged you may have:
a.rights under the Refund Policy; or
b.legal rights and remedies in UK under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
k)Please choose carefully as Sam Warner will not provide you with a refund simply because you have changed your mind, or the product was not what you expected.
Terms and Conditions of Sale – Kindle e-books or Physical Books via Amazon.co.uk
www.Amazon.co.uk and not Sam Warner manage the sale, payment and delivery of any Kindle e-book or physical book via Amazon.co.uk.
All prices are in the currency as specified on Amazon.co.uk. Prices are subject to change.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to impart free information and occasionally inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website's email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; Folded Book Art or Used Model Trains For Sale.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
v.2.0 April 2013 Edited & customised in June 2016 by: Get Your Message Across, 3 Robins Drive, Madeley, Telford, Shropshire, TF7 5TQ, UK.